Mac Support Engineer
We’re looking for an exceptional Mac focussed Engineer to join our team, based in our Dublin office.
We’re looking for someone who thrives when given ownership and autonomy: who can manage their own time, juggle priorities and look awesome while doing it. We need people who share our passion for technology: who don’t just fix problems but provide long term solutions.
About the role
The role will involve working alongside our London team, providing support to clients in Dublin and London. You’ll be working with a select few of our business and enterprise clients, and acting as an “Advocate” for some of them — taking responsibility for their IT, and acting as their first point of contact.
You’ll also be helping grow our Dublin presence, meeting prospective clients to introduce our service, and hiring new engineers to build out the team.
The role will involve a combination of remote/phone support and visits to clients offices, and working on larger projects.
- Expert in Mac based desktop support in a business setting
- Competent with the technology used by Mac based small businesses, such as routers, switches, wireless access points, NASs, OS X Servers, cloud services; stuff like that
- Above average client facing skills
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Available to start within the next 1-2 months
- Willingness to travel, and an EU passport
Nice to have
- Experience with enterprise focussed technology and like SSO, MDM and MFA.
- Experience in a more sales oriented role
Salary and Benefits
Dependant on experience. The role is full time, but part time will also be considered.
LeftBrain operates a flexitime policy, so you’ll set your own schedule, work the hours you choose and work from home as often as you like. Unlimited personal development time and a budget to buy and play with new tech. We have a strict no corporate bullshit policy: no regular all hands meetings, performance reviews, conference calls or TPS reports.