Junior Engineer for Diagnostics, Integrations, and Support - JEDIS
About this role
JEDIS are the backbone of our business and cover a wide range of on-site, client-facing support, and project based work.
You’ll be part of our Support team (and reporting directly to them) and also be the hands and eyes of our Projects and Infrastructure team as and when required.
You’ll be encountering a wide gamut of challenges, all the while, fully backed up by our entire team. Responsibilities include troubleshooting network issues, configuring MDMs, and using remote tools to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications (e.g. Slack, Intercom, etc.) to give clients quick answers to common IT issues. For more complex problems that require detail-oriented instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions, and technical manuals.
Ultimately, JEDIS are people our team and our clients can trust to get things done. They will rely on you to calmly reassure, provide accurate diagnostics to challenges, document, or triage effectively to escalate up to the correct support pathway.
You’ll be working from home unless a task or visit is assigned to you, whereby you will be expected to be on-site and mobile depending on our requirements. Typically, this would be around 3-4 days a week and may consist of 3-4 client visits per day. All our clients are situated within Central London, zones 1-3.
What will you do as JEDIS at LeftBrain?
- Visit a varied range of our clients, have face to face conversations, and be introduced to a wide gamut of IT challenges.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, even if they are unfamiliar to you.
- Ask clients targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem. Refer to internal or external resources to provide accurate solutions.
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams.
- Work with clients and help them through a series of actions, either via phone, email, or chat, until their technical issue is solved.
- Ensure all work is properly logged and changes documented.
- Follow up your own work with clients to make sure their issues are resolved after troubleshooting.
- You will work independently and as part of a larger team for escalations and projects.
You’ll fit right in if you…
- Love client interaction and thinking of new ideas, and new ways of solving their problems.
- Are able to go back to basics and look at the bigger picture.
- Speak up and challenge existing ways of working if there are alternative and better options.
- Make intuitive decisions where there is little or no information, or where facts are sparse.
- Can have detailed conversations with peers, simplified conversations with end users, but also discuss the bigger picture and look at high level overviews with company executives.
- May not know how to use every company specific application but can find out and document the root cause of issues.
- Stay up to date with the latest technology and trends (and be able to filter out the bullshit from the real disruptors).
- Are empathic: we are not drones or cogs in a machine.
- Exhibit self-confidence, integrity, respect, and good judgement.
- Maintain your cool and be able to keep our customers and other team members calm and collected.
- Are organised and able to prioritise and manage tasks.
- Are punctual and reliable.
Above all, an excellent communicator: friendly, clear, concise, and respectful, be it over the phone, Google Meet, or Slack. Know when to communicate, to whom, and choosing the most appropriate medium to do so.
- macOS familiarity
- Windows familiarity
- Familiar with common productivity software and SaaS. i.e. Google Workspace, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Understanding of fundamental networking concepts and best practices.
Life at LeftBrain
Founded in 2009, we’ve kept our team of engineers, strategists, and project managers, small and perfectly formed. We’re based in Old Street in London, and Dublin, Ireland.
As a small company, we offer unparalleled opportunities for development and encourage the formation of new roles based on emerging trends and skillsets. In fact, our team has shaped (and continue to shape) who we are today, and a lot of roles currently at LeftBrain were developed by our own team!
Any monkey 🐒 can do tech support nowadays, but what makes us different 💫 is our team and our ethos: We appreciate that work is a fundamental aspect of our lives so we want to make it as fun as possible. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we’re serious about the quality of our work and respecting those around us. We’re not afraid to shake things up for the greater good. We have strong opinions, but open minds. We’re up for a challenge.
- What benefits can I expect?
- Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme, Seasonal Ticket Loans and employee discounts via the Perks at Work platform.
- Flexible working - we’ve always been remote-first before it became the “new normal”.
- Independence: we’re a results-based company so clock watching just isn’t our thing.
- Team Lunches and social events (Currently suspended due to COVID-19).
- Opportunity to build and be a part of something - If you want to work as Employee #99276212 in a big name company? Then we’re not for you.
Is this role full-time or part-time? Can I work remotely?
This is a full-time, remote-first role, but depending on our client needs, you will need to work on-site. We’re looking for full time team members, but with busy families ourselves, we completely understand the need to work alongside those other commitments so we are open to flexible working.
Do you provide training and development?
Yes! One of the core aspect of this role is the wide range of technical challenges you’ll be facing. But you’re backed up by one of the smartest teams around, so go in strong and know you’ll be fully supported. Professional training and development is very personal to each individual’s needs and way of learning. This will be led by yourself and we will support (and pay for) learning and professional development in all shapes and forms as long as it is relevant to your role and beneficial to the success of our business.
Ready to apply?
🙋♀️ Take the LeftBrain Quiz and we shall get in touch if you impress us enough.🏆